Social Media Associate
The Rockefeller Foundation
New York, New York
Date Posted: 1/12/22
The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking a dynamic Social Media Associate to join our Content & Audience Mobilization team. If you are a tech-savvy communications professional with a background in the non-profit or public sector, and experience with social media and public relations, we would like to meet you.
Acting as the digital face and voice of the Foundation, the Social Media Associate will help manage community communications by finding new ways to engage our digital community through brand advocacy, analytics reporting, and moderating of online conversations with the community. The Associate will leverage their exceptional writing, content production, web and email marketing skills to develop smart, approachable, and engaging content for the Foundation’s digital channels.
As a Social Media Associate, you will also be collaborating with the digital team to create weekly, monthly, and campaign-specific digital media reports, helping to distill our learnings, drive optimization, and advance programmatic priorities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to develop social media and communication campaigns to align with the Foundation’s digital strategy.
- Write platform-specific social and website copy in line with the RF Brand voice.
- Schedule daily and weekly posts in line with content calendar.
- Produce social media toolkits for campaigns, launches, statements, events.
- Collaborate with team to create weekly, monthly, and campaign-specific digital media reports helping to distill our learnings, drive optimization and advance programmatic priorities.
- Assist with providing oversight of the social media editorial calendar.
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts.
- Respond to our followers’ comments and queries in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on feedback on social media channels.
- Organize and participate in events to build digital community and boost brand awareness where applicable.
- Coordinate with Managing Director, Content & Audience Mobilization, and Social Media Sr. Associate, and Influence teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Liaise with program and Influence teams to stay updated on announcements and grantee deliverables.
- Act as a digital focal point for a designated program to the digital team.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Deep understanding of social media and passion for mission-driven communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent writing experience in Communications or related field.
- Relevant experience with social media content production and community management.
- Proven experience in the nonprofit or public sector.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an influencer program, creating an event series).
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics and create PowerPoint reports.
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- Strong demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of trending conversations and understanding of platform-specific social media styles.
- Experience with content creation preferred.
- Portfolio of social content encouraged.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Strategic Ability: Ability to see opportunities, design innovative approaches, backed by strong analysis and planning. Strong sense for messaging, themes and techniques that resonate with the media in general.
- Execution: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Coordination: Ability to manage vendors to ensure timely, high-quality work product.
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, and strategic partnership building.
- Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities, using analytical, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect, and broad organizational interests.
- Communication: Strong internal and external communications abilities; exceptional listening, written, and verbal skills.
- Mission-Driven: A thoughtful team member who works with integrity, always with a focus on The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world.
As an organization, we focus on six values to advance our culture and to continue our success. We are dedicated to being Transparent, Optimistic, Accountable, Collaborative, Trusted and Equitable. We operate from a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything that we do. It’s not only the right thing to do – we couldn’t make an impact without the diverse perspectives and experiences of our team members. We expect all employees at the Foundation to contribute by developing their unique perspective and talent, and to challenge conventional wisdom through evidence and reason, and by amplifying marginalized voices.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.