Senior Communications and Marketing Manager
The University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Date Posted: 10/25/2022
The University of New Mexico’s Project ECHO has an incredible opportunity for a Senior Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team!
Project ECHO is experiencing exponential growth in global initiatives which requires unique marketing and communications support.
A successful candidate will have experience and a track record of success operating at a high-level in a fast-paced environment. International experience and experience working in a philanthropy, or a non-profit environment is desired.
The Senior Communications and Marketing Manager will play a critical role in strategic projects and serve as a senior leader for our communications and marketing staff.
The Senior Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing, supporting, and leading the planning, design, development, and management of strategic communications & marketing projects and initiatives.
- Producing and overseeing production with various written, graphic, video, and other products to support communications and marketing efforts.
- Writing and editing various stories, media pitches, press releases, and other promotional material.
- Collaborating with the Director, Deputy Director, and other key stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment of campaigns and projects.
- Leading projects related to event planning and promotion, including supporting planning and execution of global and regional conferences.
- Oversight of recruitment for team, supervising and, leading teams of communications and marketing professionals.
- Representing Project ECHO while working with partner organizations around the world, including our affiliated NGOs, academic institutions, and others to ensure success of various communications and marketing projects and campaigns.
- Maximizing the use of analytics and marketing software on tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, NPSP, and Sprout Social.
Project ECHO empowers local community providers to improve the well-being of people around the world.
Project ECHO is committed to democratizing medical knowledge and getting best practice care to underserved people all over the world. At ECHO, we have been dedicated to making knowledge accessible and have expanded our portfolio of programs to include COVID-19 response, education, first responder resiliency, behavioral health and addiction. Project ECHO is funded in part by grants from the GE Foundation, the Helmsley Charitable Trust, the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation, the Merck Foundation, Robert Wood and the US Government. Additionally, we’ve received support from the NM Legislature and the New Mexico Department of Health.
Project ECHO prides itself on being a values-based organization. Our seven values include: Service to the Underserved, Democratization of Knowledge, Mutual Trust and Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Accountability, Innovation and Learning and Joy of Work. We strive to find individuals who can embrace and exemplify these values.
Project ECHO’s goal is to touch the lives of 1 billion people by 2025 and we are looking for mission-driven high performers who share similar values to join our team and help us achieve this goal.
We work with partners all over the world and work hours outside of normal business hours may be required. We are fortunate to have access to advanced technology, which will require some teleworking.
Conditions of Employment
- Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University’s influenza vaccination requirement.
Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience.
- Experience working on international projects
- Experience in philanthropy or non-profit work
- Experience in media relations
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good networking skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Attention to detail
- Dedication to service
$4,293.47 – $6,030.27
Monthly Benefits Eligible
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please submit a current resume and a cover letter. On the resume, please indicate whether previous job listed were full-time or part-time positions. If part-time, please include amounts of hours worked each week. Please also include month and year for start and end dates for each job listed. Instructions for cover letter: please describe how you meet the preferred qualifications in the posting. Official transcripts, High School Diploma or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.