Senior Associate, Multimedia (TV / Audio Studio Operations)
The Pew Charitable Trusts
Date Posted: 01/16/2020
The Pew Charitable Trusts uses data to make a difference. For more than 70 years, we have focused on serving the public, invigorating civic life, conducting nonpartisan research, advancing effective public policies and practices, and achieving tangible results. Through rigorous inquiry and knowledge sharing, we inform and engage public-spirited citizens and organizations, linking diverse interests to pursue common cause. We are a dedicated team of researchers, communicators, advocates, subject matter experts, and professionals working on some of today’s big challenges – and we know we are more effective and creative collectively than we are individually. With Philadelphia as our home town and the majority of our staff located in Washington, D.C., our U.S. and international staff find working at Pew personally and professionally rewarding.
Wise stewardship of resources allows Pew employees to pursue work that strategically furthers our mission in significant and measurable ways. We collaborate with a diverse range of philanthropic partners, public and private organizations, and concerned citizens who share our interest in fact-based solutions and goal-driven initiatives to improve society. Pew attracts top talent, people of integrity who are service-oriented and willing to take on challenging assignments. We provide competitive pay and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a respectful and inclusive workplace. Pew employees are proud of their colleagues, proud of where they work, and proud of the institution’s reputation.
The Communications department supports leaders at all levels of the institution to promote project and campaign efforts, inform key audiences, and protect and advance Pew’s reputation. The department provides a comprehensive range of communications services for all programmatic and administrative units and Trusts-operated projects. Our in-house expertise includes: strategy and message development; editorial support; design and creative services; media event planning; digital and video production; and social media. The unit oversees all communications policies, guidelines, and processes in order to ensure production of the highest quality work and effectively steward Pew’s resources.
The Senior Associate, Multimedia located in Washington, DC, is a member of the Communications department and reports to the Director, Multimedia. This individual will manage all aspects of Pew’s in-house studio operations, including but not limited to scheduling and facilitating interviews and tapings for Pew experts and staff, which may include live broadcast shoots and managing and maintaining studio equipment. This individual will also be responsible for creating and editing multimedia content for external distribution by collaborating with members of the multimedia team.
- Manage all shoots in Pew’s on-site studio including technical directing, camera, audio, graphics, lighting, and teleprompter for both single and multi-camera productions.
- Manage live and live-to-tape interviews for broadcast.
- Manage all recordings in the audio studio, including podcast interviews, radio interviews, and radio tours.
- Edit studio productions on Premiere, distribute to clients, and archive all media on servers.
- Serve in editor and post-production capacities for internal video projects as required, ensuring consistency in style and tone and high technical standards.
- Prepare and distribute files in a variety of formats for Pew’s website and social platforms, broadcast and radio networks, and internal and external events.
- Utilize project management software (WorkFront) to track and complete shoots/ recordings.
- Maintain overall studio organization for efficiency of use.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all studio equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in video and film production, communications, or related field is required.
- A minimum of four years of video studio management or similar capacity.
- Technical training and strong knowledge of cameras, lighting equipment, production workflows, and editing programs.
- Experience with Premiere, Audition, and ProTools are preferred.
- Podcast and/or radio experience is a plus.
- Must be proactive and able to think creatively in unplanned situations.
- Must be calm under pressure and diplomatic.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.