Program Development Manager
The Network for Public Health Law
Date Posted: 07/23/2019
The Network for Public Health Law (Network) works to improve the health of communities across the United States by helping those who grapple with the legal complexities of modern public health. The Network provides research, analysis, strategic consultation and training in the use of law and policy to protect and promote health, and advance health equity. Through our National Office and five Regional Offices, we foster connections among those in public health and others committed to improving health. We’re looking for an energetic, resourceful individual to join our team as Program Development Manager.
The Program Development Manager works with Network leadership on program planning and grants research and development, and is responsible for managing implementation of our sustainability plan. The Program Development Manager must have the ability to work collaboratively within project teams, and interact effectively with staff, leadership, consultants, members, funders and sponsors. This position reports to the Managing Director at our National Office based in Edina, Minnesota.
Essential Job Functions
Development and Sustainability
- Manage implementation of the sustainability plan; track activities and deadlines.
- Work with leadership to develop programmatic concepts for funding opportunities.
- Research and provide intelligence on potential grants and funding opportunities.
- Work with leadership to prepare presentation and other materials for meetings with funders.
- Assist in writing and proofing pitches, concept papers, grant proposals as-needed; track deadlines.
- Work with communications staff to write and produce mailings, presentations, newsletters and other materials.
- Work with fundraising database to manage and track activities related to current funders and prospects; prepare reports.
- Work with leadership to maintain relationships with funders.
- Lead sponsorship efforts related to National Conference and other events.
- Provide support in tracking and reporting grant deliverables.
- Coordinate outreach for conference calls and communications with various staff, fundraising consultants, grant writers, funders and donors.
- Lead various other fundraising activities.
Program Planning and Coordination
- Coordinate and track activities related to Network Advisory Board, including maintaining member contact and biographic information, service terms and other related information. Serve as point of contact for Advisory Board members.
- Work to ensure engagement of Advisory Board members in Network programs and initiatives.
- Manage coordination of board meetings and events, including scheduling, preparing meeting materials, securing meeting/event venues, coordinating travel, lodging and other logistics.
- As-needed, organize and attend meetings and events, including the Network’s National Conference, and provide support for various projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of work-related experience in fundraising, sponsorship, sales, marketing or communications; knowledge of public health field a plus.
- Experience working with different levels of leadership; strong customer service skills.
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations; interest in public health is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with databases.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and be positive, creative, willing to learn, and hard working.
- Required to use good judgment, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to travel up to four times a year.
The Network is a fiscally sponsored program of TSNE MissionWorks (TSNE). Interested individuals can apply on TSNE’s job site. Please include a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements. The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience. All applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but preference will be given to those submitted before July 24.
As an EOE/AA employer, the Network/TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.