Paid Remote Summer Internship Opportunity
Date Posted: 4/7/21
Asibey Consulting is a Brooklyn-based consulting firm that helps mission-driven organizations take audiences from intention to action. We understand that, in order to succeed, nonprofits need to move beyond making people aware; they need to engage them and offer meaningful ways to participate. We help organizations dramatically boost their relationships with their audiences and keep them engaged over time.
Our services include the full set of strategies and activities needed to grow audiences’ engagement. We plan communication strategies, craft messaging, direct media relations, design and implement advocacy campaigns, manage digital and social media strategies, analyze engagement journeys, design and optimize user experiences, conduct communication audits, plan and implement campaign evaluations, design tailored solutions and more.
We are a diverse, seasoned, and dynamic team with extensive international experience and a firm commitment to racial and social equity. We work primarily in English but have clients with whom we also work in Spanish and Portuguese. Our clients are foundations, nonprofits and socially responsible companies that are committed to making the world a better and more equitable place. They work on issues that include global education, public health, immigration, human rights, social justice and environmental justice.
Learn more about us at Asibey.com.
We are looking for an undergraduate or graduate student who is passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives, and is energized by helping mission-driven organizations succeed. This is a paid position at a rate of $18/hour scheduled to begin in May/June 2021 and work through August 2021. Hours are flexible, but we expect a range of 10-12 hours/week.
Due to the current public health situation the work will be conducted remotely. Our team is fully accustomed to working remotely and has had positive experiences with remote internships. We will ensure that the onboarding of the intern is done effectively and will be available to touch base frequently during the work week. Mentoring is also very important to us; we will dedicate time to do so with our intern.
- Conduct research on a variety of topics; nonprofit organizations, companies and individuals’ profiles and published work, reports and publications on relevant issues, etc.
- Research media and specialized coverage on a variety of issues such as public health, immigration and global education.
- Assist with reviewing websites user experience, user journeys and other digital engagement projects.
- Conduct social media listening on different topics relevant to client projects.
- Craft and curate content for Asibey’s social media channels.
- Assist with research interviews and team meetings: take notes, prepare agendas, source background information, etc.
- Organize and curate research information in spreadsheets, contact lists and other data banks.
- Actively engage in internal team communication channels.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a self-starter
- is a team player
- has strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
- has an inquisitive mind
- can multitask
- can manage up
- has excellent written communication skills
- has strong research skills
- is able to synthesize large sets of information and glean insights
- is very comfortable working with digital and social media
Not required, but great to have:
- Spanish fluency (or advanced knowledge)
- UX and digital design experience (such as Figma or Adobe)
- Knowledge of qualitative analytics tools (such as Dedoose, SPSS, etc.)
- Prior experience volunteering with or supporting nonprofits
- Knowledge of behavioral science, behavior design or design thinking
We welcome candidates from any major, with preference for international relations, communication, marketing, nonprofit management, symbolic systems, public administration, public relations and related fields. We welcome candidates from all cultures, ethnicities, backgrounds, gender identity and expression. We welcome and encourage people with disabilities to apply.
You may view a PDF of this internship opportunity here.
How to Apply