The Art Students League of New York
New York, New York
Date Posted: 11/21/2022
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for strategic input, project management, and the timely implementation of marketing and communication initiatives from ideation to execution.
Collaborating with the Director, Marketing & Creative Services and Graphic Designer as well as managers of supporting departments, this position will help plan and implement projects across online and offline marketing channels.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Help develop strategies and tactics that promote all League initiatives—(e.g., classes and workshops, Gallery events and exhibitions, Community Programs, Fundraising and Development.)
- Create and directly manage Mailchimp campaigns.
- Coordinate with and directly manage external agencies who support marketing and promotional efforts.
- Track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and ensure they meet marketing objectives.
- Actively build and maintain a marketing calendar that can be shared with external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Help prepare and monitor the marketing/communications budget.
- Project manage and provide quality assurance for marketing collateral, digital advertising, promotional content, and PR assets.
- Develop and sustain strong working relationships with internal personnel across all League departments.
UNIQUE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS JOB
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising best practices required.
- Experience building and launching Mailchimp campaigns a plus.
- Self-starter who is resourceful, creative, and capable of handling multiple projects on time and on budget.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required to plan and execute large and small marketing/communication projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while efficiently and effectively managing competing priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A sense of aesthetics and desire to help create great copy and visual communications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related experience.
Years of Experience Desired:
3+ years’ experience in marketing communication roles. Art Education, Marketing, or Museum/Gallery experience preferred.
Industry or Product Knowledge:
Marketing and advertising experience a MUST. Art Education, Education, or Museum/Gallery experience a plus.
Expert use of MS Office Skills; knowledge of WebFlow, Mailchimp a plus. Knowledge of website analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Webtrends, etc.
Additional Skills/Abilities Helpful:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Analytical skills to track and analyze communications data and improve marketing content and initiatives.
- Innovative mindset to help develop unique ways to enhance the League brand.
The salary range for this position is $63K – $73K. This position is eligible to participate in the League’s health insurance and 401(k) plans, as well as other fringe benefits offered through The Art Students League of New York.
To submit your resume for this position, please click the APPLY TO JOB button. In addition to your resume, please let us know how your background and experience meet the requirements outlined for this position.
Note: due to the many resumes we receive, we are only able to reply to those candidates selected for an interview. Thank you for your interest in this position and for your understanding.