Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver (Habitat Metro Denver)
Date Posted: 11/16/2022
Who You Are:
You’re someone who loves a good story, and you are passionate about telling impactful stories – no matter the method or medium. You are a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to communications, and you love wearing many hats. You can draft and manage social media content, write great copy for blog posts and press releases, manage web content, and send click-worthy emails. In short, you love to be the behind-the-scenes storyteller that uses the right tool at the right time to leave an impression.
You love challenges and you are comfortable juggling many simultaneous tasks. You love to learn new things quickly, and you are excellent at keeping track of projects and seeing them to fruition! People often comment that you can always be found with a camera, pen, or smartphone in your hand, capturing content and stories. You produce high-quality work consistently and you LOVE details.
You’re looking for a new position where you can make a difference in your life, the lives of others, and the world. In return, you seek an organization that appreciates your individuality and supports you as a member of a diverse and talented team. You know in your heart it’s time to find an opportunity to be part of something larger – something more impactful. If this sounds like you, please allow us to introduce ourselves.
Who We Are:
Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver (Habitat Metro Denver) is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization that seeks to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that everyone needs an affordable, healthy, and stable place to live in dignity and safety, and that affordable housing should be a matter of conscience and action for all. To achieve our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, Habitat Metro Denver builds, renovates and sells homes in partnership with low- and moderate-income families.
Habitat Metro Denver is also an advocate for policies that create and preserve affordable housing. We work in neighborhoods across five counties in Metro Denver to not only build, renovate and sell new homes, but also to do critical home repairs to help families stay in their homes longer. Throughout our 43-year history, Habitat Metro Denver has served more than 2,500 households and is the 8th largest producer in the Habitat U.S. network.
How We Succeed Together:
Habitat Metro Denver’s Cultural Blueprint highlights the specific behaviors and mindsets that support our core values and guide day-to-day decisions, behaviors, and interactions of every person within our organization.
- Solid Foundations – Our mission is at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about our work, our teams, and our relationships.
- Innovative Design – We are curious. We embrace change. We take risks and initiative to address a complex social issue – housing. We exemplify grit and determination in our relentless pursuit to ensure everyone has a safe and affordable place to call home.
- Open Doors – We welcome everyone. We aspire to be an inclusive organization that celebrates one humanity – where equity, diversity and inclusion are at the core of every facet of our work.
- Clear Windows – We approach everyone with kindness, clarity, and transparency. We champion authenticity, illuminate our strengths, and hold ourselves and others accountable.
- Supportive Structures – We have each other’s backs. We collaborate. Becoming better at what we do takes all of us. By building homes and life-changing careers, we make a transformational difference in our lives and the lives of others.
As a member of a collaborative communications team, the Marketing Associate is responsible for supporting the organization’s communications and marketing initiatives, including social media, website content, email marketing, storytelling, and community relations, as well as developing great relationships with marketing vendors who support our work.
The following reflects the organization’s definition of essential functions for the job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Assist with coordination of all digital marketing needs for Habitat Metro Denver and the Denver ReStores.
- Write and plan content for all social media accounts for Habitat Metro Denver and the Denver ReStores.
- Manage social media channels. Post content, respond to inquiries, and track performance.
- Support Denver ReStores with social media content creation, posting and performance.
- Manage digital ad campaigns and boosted posts to drive engagement, traffic, and sales.
- Build, schedule and manage emails for various departments and audiences, including monthly newsletters. Collaborate with internal teams to develop copy, create engaging email templates, and manage email audience lists.
- Create compelling graphics to support social media posts and email marketing.
- Support Director of Communications with digital media strategy. Understand the organization’s online audiences, measure digital media performance, and optimize future efforts.
- Support Director of Communications with affiliate branding, including guidelines, standards, and implementation. Train and support other staff members to use brand guidelines.
- Support the Director of Communications to ensure website content supports teams and programs across the organization.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create and revise web content.
- Post blog posts, photos, videos, and other media to share Habitat stories online.
- Track user experience; make recommendations to improve and optimize web pages.
Content Creation and Storytelling
- Work cross-departmentally to identify volunteers, ReStore customers, and Habitat partner families who have compelling stories to tell. Maintain tracker of potential stories.
- Interview partner families, volunteers, and supporters, with the support of photographers and videographers as needed.
- Write, edit and optimize stories for a variety of platforms – including web, print materials, videos, social media and events.
- Take cell phone videos and edit them for optimal social media sharing of Habitat events, stories, and highlights.
- Support the Director of Communications to draft media alerts, press releases, and pitches for distribution to local media.
- Support the Director of Communications to draft media prep sheets and talking points.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High level of interpersonal skills; able to proactively and warmly communicate with staff, donors, and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to flex style to communicate clearly, professionally, and sensitively with diverse audiences.
- Able to work independently without close oversight while thriving in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exhibits excellent time management skills to successfully manage concurrent tasks with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Practiced ability to synthesize complex or diverse information and make recommendations on most efficient and effective processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Proficiency in email marketing platforms, or a desire to learn email marketing platforms, such as MailChimp.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro.
- A strong belief in Habitat’s mission and a desire to engage others in the organization’s work.
- Experience working with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of communications and marketing experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience creating and managing digital media, including social media and website content.
- Experience creating photo, video or graphic design content preferred.
- Experience working with diverse audiences preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB:
- Able to load event supplies into and out of van, including lifting up to 40+ pounds.
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours per day in an office setting and operate computer, telephone, printer, and other office equipment.
- Hybrid work model (minimum 2 days/week at a Habitat location, with ability to work from home the other days) During the first 6-9 months of employment additional days in the office will be required to build critical interpersonal connections and strengthen the communications team’s vision, strategy, and cohesiveness.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment.Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & CONDITIONS:
- Flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, and weekends as required for special fundraising events as needed.
- Ability to travel to and from meetings and appointments in locations and times when public transportation isunavailable.
- A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be run for insurance purposes.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured under the company’s insurance policy is a prerequisite.
The pay range for this position is: $20.05 – $24.30 / hour with consideration given for applicable education and/or experience above the minimum requirements.
Benefits available include medical, dental and vision insurance options; 401k savings match; paid Life Insurance and AD&D policy; Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Paid Time Off for vacation, sick, holidays, floating holidays, Healthy Families Workplace Act (HFWA) Leave; Parental Leave and paid time to volunteer.
At Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver, we value diversity and strive to ensure that our practices and policies are equitable ad inclusive. We do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment that is free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation because of age (40 and older), sex, sexual orientation (including transgender status and gender identity or expression), pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), marital status, race, national origin (including ancestry), disability, creed, religion, genetic information, HIV status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. Habitat Metro Denver is dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and other compensation, dismissal, and all other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.