Manager, Marketing Communications
American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Date Posted: 5/4/21
Established in 1946, the American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the world’s largest behavioral and social science research and evaluation organizations. Our mission is to generate and use rigorous evidence that contributes to a better, more equitable world. AIR works with federal, state, and local government agencies, philanthropies and other organizations to conduct research and evaluation and provide technical assistance in the areas of education, health and workforce development, in the U.S. and abroad.
AIR’s Communications and Public Affairs team works to raise the visibility of AIR’s research, evaluation, and technical assistance work to inform public understanding and encourage the adoption of evidence-based practices. The team is seeking an experienced Manager, Marketing Communications to assist in positioning AIR as a leader in its field and to elevate the organization’s profile among decision-makers in the health, human services, and international development fields.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Engagement, the Manager, Marketing Communications will work with staff in AIR’s three divisions–Health, Human Services, and International–to provide marketing communications in support of business development and client communications. The Manager will also support the implementation of a reputation strategy for AIR that includes Executive Leadership Team branding and positioning, external recognition, and strategic partnerships.
- Partner with the internal stakeholders to develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns that support growth and business development objectives
- Serve as a subject matter expert for marketing strategy and execution, partnering with team leads in digital, creative, and editorial spaces to implement campaigns
- Manage activities in support of AIR reputation strategy, including events, advertising, and positioning
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing efforts
- Develop success stories, brochures and other marketing materials to illustrate AIR’s experience and expertise for target audiences
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated success in a professional marketing role
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing activities to elevate an organization’s profile among target audiences
- Track record of securing external recognition and awards including “best places to work”
- Experience with digital marketing tools and strategy
- Comfort and experience working closely with executive-level management
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills, including a strong grasp of messaging, storytelling and branding
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas into succinct, compelling copy
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Effective at building strong working relationships and managing tasks to completion within a matrixed organization
- Must be a self-starter and strategic thinker with a strong customer-service orientation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
AIR adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Submit an interest application
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.American Institutes for Research is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.American Institutes for Research’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Taliba Boone at email@example.com or call 202.403.5000.