Director, Technology Platforms
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE)
Date Posted: 10/6/21
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) is a nonprofit leadership development organization inspiring and supporting a network of civic leaders to eradicate the injustice of educational inequity.
Through one-on-one coaching, fellowships, workshops, and resources, LEE works to develop and inspire its members individually and collectively, across all disciplines – as policy makers, advocates, elected leaders and community organizers. LEE membership is free and currently open to alumni of several partner organizations including Teach For America, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), New Leaders, Latinos for Education, Urban Teachers, and Public Allies. LEE believes that when a diverse group of leaders, grounded in a commitment to equity, are in leadership roles, they will serve as a transformative force for and with students and communities.
LEE is a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals committed to making a difference. We are a high-growth, results-oriented organization that operates in an entrepreneurial environment deeply invested in continuous improvement. LEE is honored to have been selected as a LATINA Style 50 Award recipient and a When Work Works award recipient. We are also an Employer of National Service. If you would like to become part of our team and join the fight for educational equity, or if you would simply like to learn more, please visit educationalequity.org.
Leadership for Educational Equity (LEE) seeks a Director, Technology Platforms for the Technology Operations Team to provide management and leadership for cross-team/cross-functional technology platforms and projects. Reporting to the Senior Director of Technology Operations, this role will be responsible for facilitating and supporting cross-platform collaboration, providing partnership and technical expertise to other Technology team members and other LEE teams, researching and implementing new opportunities, and overseeing cross-platform process creation and improvement. They will be responsible for helping enhance LEE’s member and staff experience using technology platforms and helping create new opportunities for both staff and member engagement, scale, and efficiency.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong facilitation, collaboration, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, and communication skills and possess a combination of traits including creative vision and collaborative spirit. The Director will effectively build and leverage relationships with the technology team and across the organization to uncover needs and opportunities and effectively problem-solve in order to make recommendations and garner support for proposed solutions. The Director also contributes strategically to the Technology Operations and larger Technology team and looks for opportunities to increase impact and reports those back to the Senior Director, Technology Operations, and the rest of the team.
Position Location: Flexible
Travel Requirements: 15% for team meetings/retreats/conferences
Platform, process, and project coordination across Technology Operations team (40%)
- Facilitate weekly special operations team (platform management/support) call to ensure partnership and coordination across the different staff, platforms, processes, and projects amongst the team
- Facilitate sourcing, scoping, and capacity of Technology Operation team projects within pipeline management system to assist Senior Director and Technology Leadership with project selection and balancing
- Lead coordination and execution of cross-platform new features, updates, processes, small-level projects, and high level trouble-shooting
- Ensure implemented solutions holistically meet the member experience and integrate with the current technology ecosystem and processes
Staff Management (20%)
- Directly manage 3 staff including platform manager, support and training manager, and user support assistant to ensure work stays on track, and is supported from a technical expertise
- Assist Senior Director, Technology Operations to ensure that cross-platform projects and tasks are on track by understanding and reporting on progress to Senior Director and/or project managers.
- Support team to help get projects and tasks back on track as needed
Partnership/Relationship Building with Technology team and partner teams (20%)
- Build and create a strong partnership both within Technology team and on partner teams through check-ins, attending team meetings, and offering advice or direction
- Serve as main point of contact and expert to partner teams for cross-platform work and be able to clearly explain why certain decisions are made by articulating impact
- Have an eye toward process improvement and simplifying the user experience. Communicate suggestions and create solutions in any area where teams or Technology can be more efficient or to scale work.
- Be main strategic point of contact for the MarComms team at LEE and ensure that work aligns with rest of technology team around projects, processes, supports, collaboration and partnership; elevate points of misalignment, challenges, or concerns to Senior Director of team
Expertise, Consulting, Partnership for Platforms (10%)
- Serve as an organizational technical leader on Technology platforms and look for and recommend opportunities for greater impact and innovation to the Senior Director and Technology Leadership Team including attending Technology Leadership Team plus meetings
- Provide expertise and consulting to member journey, marketing operations, program operations, lead conversions, and automations for cross-team matrix projects and work
- Serve as technical expert for key projects such as Salesforce Overhaul and member-facing platform projects in 2021 and beyond
- Participate in committees or working groups outside of projects as agreed on with Senior Director
- Define user experience best practices and norms for Technology Operations team across platforms
- Develop documentation, trainings, and materials to improve staff and member utilization of platforms
- Other projects or tasks as assigned by the Senior Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate years of professional work experience
- 6+ years of relevant professional work experience
- Demonstrated experience facilitating multiple team members to successfully collaborate and implement technology solutions
- Previous experience managing 1-3 staff
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders who have differing priorities or requirements and successfully influencing/aligning around a recommended path forward
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, collaboration, analytical, problem solving, influencing, and communication skills and possess a combination of traits including creative vision and collaborative spirit.
- Expert database knowledge (e.g., architecture, reporting, and maintenance)
- Very strong knowledge of user/customer experience
- Expert knowledge of email marketing, website management, program management, learning management, and CRM platforms (e.g., Pardot, Salesforce, Drupal, Qualtrics, Thought Industries)
- Excellent organization, troubleshooting, and technical research skills
- Ability to create meaningful partnerships and relationships with other staff and work cross-functionally with other teams
- Ability to communicate complex technologies and concepts with conversational language for the purpose of education and/or guidance
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Project management experience
- Previous experience with sales processes and automations in Salesforce and Pardot
- Experience translating initial requirements into a problem statement and evaluating the potential impact and cost of solving different problems
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate within a geographically dispersed team
- Deep passion for educational equity and belief in LEE’s mission and theory of change
Benefits and Pay
Pay for this position is competitive and based upon relevant experience and cost of labor for your location. Please use the following link to learn more about compensation for this position: https://educationalequity.org/applicant-resources#sec3. In addition, LEE offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision coverage for spouses, families and domestic partners; employer-paid basic life and AD&D insurance and short and long-term disability insurance; a retirement package with employer match; family and parental leave benefits; generous paid time off and an organization-wide winter break between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.