Director, Communications & Marketing
The Council on Foundations
Date Posted: 11/04/2022
The Council on Foundations has an immediate opening for a Director, Communications & Marketing. The Council is a nonprofit membership association that serves as a guide for philanthropies as they advance the greater good. Building on our almost 75-year history, the Council supports over 800 member organizations in the United States and around the world to build trust in philanthropy, expand pathways to giving, engage broader perspectives, and co create solutions that will lead to a better future for all. As a leading national advocate for philanthropy, the Council strives to increase the effectiveness, stewardship, and accountability of the sector while providing members with the services and support they need to advance the common good. Based in Washington, DC, the Council has an annual budget of just over $12 million and a staff of 45. For more information, visit www.cof.org.
Reporting to the Vice President, Communications, the Director provides leadership, planning and execution for all Council on Foundations’ communications; membership, product, and event marketing; and social, digital, and traditional media strategies.
This position directly supervises the Associate, Communications; Manager, Marketing and Manager, Digital Strategy.
LOCATION, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Though the Council’s headquarters are in Washington, DC, the Director may be located anywhere in the continental United States. This role requires 5% travel.
The hiring salary range for this position Is $125,000 to $140,000 based on living in the Washington DC region. Compensation may be adjusted based on the geographic location of the finalist.
The Council offers a robust benefits package, including paying 100% of the monthly premium for employee coverage in health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability. Additionally, the Council contributes 7% of annual salary to a 403(b) plan for every employee with no match requirement. Staff receive 20 days of vacation, plus sick leave and paid parental leave. The Council observes 13 holidays and an annual winter break, for which staff are paid. Learn more about Council benefits here.
The Council is committed to honoring the differences, unique talents, lived experiences, identities, and full contributions of each Council staff member. We do this so every Council staff member feels that they belong and can thrive at the Council. Candidates from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to philanthropy are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested applicants should send their cover letter and resume to Recruitment@cof.org – Subject line: Director, Communications& Marketing. The position will remain open until filled.
POSITION PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy and Organizational Development
- Design and lead a communications strategy with measurable goals and outcomes, leveraging internal collaboration, storytelling, and traditional and new media channels.
- In partnership with the Vice President, Communications and Content, manage all aspects of media relations and public relations, including the preparation of press releases, talking points, FAQs, and other materials as needed; building relationships with journalists to generate coverage; and tracking and reporting on media coverage and opportunities.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of marketing externally facing Council programs, products, events, and services; and review and approve marketing materials.
- Oversee the development of new approaches to advance the Council’s digital program strategies through the website, social media accounts, and other digital channels.
- Act as a project manager to drive projects to completion.
- Support colleagues across departments to ensure consistent messaging and understanding of the Council’s brand and value proposition.
- Model the Council’s commitment of diversity, equity and inclusion and lead efforts to embed this commitment in organizational systems and programs.
Team Leadership and Development
- Provide managerial oversight, guidance and direction to the Associate, Communications; Manager, Marketing; and Manager, Digital Strategy.
- Contribute to organizational goals by participating in cross-functional working groups.
- Bachelor’s degree or related combination of experience and education
- 10 years’ experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations
GENERAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience leading an organization’s external communications function.
- Experience leading marketing initiatives with concrete goals and using measureable data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience preparing press materials, web content, marketing materials, speeches, and presentations.
- Experience proactively building media relationships and responding to press requests.
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to listen well and positively represent the organization and its mission.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks and maintain productivity.
- Ability to work effectively and positively both independently and on a team with a range of working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, foundation officers, donors, and vendors.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior and mid-level staff; and overseeing vendors.
- Experience or ability to use CRM database solutions, preferably Salesforce.
- Experience using web content management systems, preferably Drupal.
- Experience using marketing platforms, preferably Hubspot, Constant Contact or Mailchimp.
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Ability to travel up to 5% domestically, including overnight trips.