Digital Strategy Specialist
The Lupus Foundation of America
Date Posted: 08/03/2022
The Lupus Foundation of America seeks a person passionate and fascinated about the function and progression of digital communications for a rewarding position focused on education and innovation, all in service to improving the lives of people suffering from lupus.
The Digital Strategy Specialist position is responsible for implementing tasks and the critical thinking around key aspects of digital communications, including web, email, data and reporting, content creation and updating, and project management. This is a position that incorporates constant analytical thinking and willingness to research and experiment, but can also take on the operational tasks that are part of a successful and growing digital strategy.
While this position is very much a position involving tech and data, we’re looking for a person who has a high level of professional curiosity and a desire to pass along findings and knowledge as matters of interest and education.
The Digital Strategy Specialist is an important part of the Marketing and Communications Department and will need strong communication, grammar, editing, and technical explanation skills. We are looking for someone who will actively and patiently engage with colleagues and provide data and technical knowledge to implement and improve our work.
The Digital Strategy Specialist will be part of the Marketing and Communications Department, reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy.
The Digital Strategy Specialist will be responsible for:
- Creating and updating web content with an eye toward improving usability and user engagement.
- Assembling and QAing emails for the national office in HTML source code or MJML, editing and troubleshooting formatting to ensure consistent presentation.
- Analyzing statistics for web, email, online donations, social media, video, digital advertising and podcasts to pass along actionable items and interesting items to the organization.
- Track content updates and requests in our project management platforms, moving items through processes and updating information on tasks.
- Monitoring SEO performance to identify opportunities, collaborate with our SEO partner and implement agreed-upon recommendations to increase web traffic from organic search.
- Updating and maintaining data from email, web, social, and CRM. This includes running reports in multiple, diverse systems and maintaining the storage of this data.
- Configuring and maintaining the web analytics system using Google Analytics (including GA4), Tag Manager, and Optimize.
- Research and experiment with tools to improve our process and asset management.
- Create and maintain reports for the organization using Google Data Studio.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt interpersonal and communication style to interact effectively with a wide variety of people, as well as a passion for clarity, transparency, and analysis.
- Relevant experience in data management, mass communications, statistics reporting, marketing, email management, and/or coding.
- Experience and interest in health care communications and/or patient advocacy preferred.
- Experience, comfort with, and strong interest in and enthusiasm for web and email coding, including HTML, CSS, regular expressions, queries, and email restrictions and frameworks (MJML or Foundation for Email).
- Ability and willingness to do deep research to find the answers to coding challenges, best practices, and creative solutions.
- Deep experience in (or strong interest in) spreadsheet functions and the principles of presenting spreadsheets as data.
- Comfort with code editors such as Sublime Text or VS Code.
- Experience and/or knowledge of using content management systems and marketing databases required; specific knowledge of Drupal, Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online (Blackbaud) preferred.
- Experience with and strong interest in analytics programs (like Google or Adobe Analytics) and data visualization programs (like Tableau or Data Studio); working knowledge of the principles of SEO and web analytics.
- Experience with collaboration, productivity and project management tools such as Google Drive/Docs/Sheets, Slack, and Kanban-based project management like Redbooth and Trello.
- Creative thinker with strong capabilities in analytical thinking; problem-solving, technical troubleshooting; and answer researching.
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a fast paced and team-based environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively, as well as manage and meet deadlines.