Date Posted: 11/14/2019
Collaborative is passionate about helping to improve public education within the United States and across the world through ongoing learning, collaboration, communications and engagement. We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter, with some demonstrated digital and marketing experience, who seeks to grow their capabilities at our dynamic firm. The Digital Strategist will work across all Collaborative teams to lead strategic, digital content creation efforts across platforms. This position requires previous digital communications strategy experience as well as a strong understanding of public relations best practices.
The Digital Strategist is a full-time position and based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Digital Strategist will:
• Serve as an integral member of the digital team;
• Manage and lead on specific digital deliverables across Collaborative clients, both ideating and implementing tactics that best support our individual clients’ needs;
• Maintain strong relationships with graphic designers, website developers, UX specialists, and other relevant personnel, both in- and out-of-house, to ensure top-quality digital products for clients;
• Actively prepare for and engage in kick-off meetings, client brainstorming sessions, and other strategy meetings with a professional demeanor;
• Proactively propose digital solutions and strategies that support successful client engagements;
• Work hand-in-hand with the firm’s project managers to ensure digital solutions and strategies meet or exceed client goals and are completed on time;
• Maintain a high-level understanding around project management, which includes knowledge of budgeting, project planning, and client relationship management, with the ability to step in to oversee digital and other projects as needed;
• Help lead development of digital communications, public relations and social media products and content that enhance clients’ vital missions. These may include:
- Social media plans, editorial calendars, and posts across platforms
- E-mail marketing content, blog posts, website copy, and other digital content
- Simple WordPress website builds and landing pages, which include other digital tools such as plug-ins
- Regular digital metrics reports for clients
- Stay up-to-speed on key issues across the spectrum of education, ensuring that all digital products are relevant and timely;
- Help to develop Collaborative’s digital marketing presence through regular management of the firm’s website and social media properties.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• 4-6 years of communications and public relations experience, with some experience at a consulting firm preferred;
• At least 3 years of experience working with WordPress;
• At least 3 years of experience in managing content development and strategy across digital media platforms, including blog writing, e-newsletters, e-mail marketing, social media, and etc.;
• A proven ability to both develop and implement organic and paid digital and social media strategies across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, as well as emerging technologies and platforms;
• An ability to adeptly employ user-friendly design tools, such as Canva and Animoto, to create multimedia assets like sharables and short videos for clients;
• Strong knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere), as well as expertise in SEO and management of Google Analytics.
• Experience with CMS such as Mailchimp, HTML, and CSS design, which is strongly preferred.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills, along with the ability and commitment to effectively interface with external partners at the highest levels of business, government, and the education and social sectors;
• A can-do attitude, with a drive to get the work done alongside the team, no matter how large or small the task;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; Master’s degree is preferred but not required; and
• A commitment to, and strong understanding of, K-12 education issues.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Digital Strategist will work across teams and report to the firm’s leadership. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC, and is Metro accessible.
Collaborative offers excellent benefits.
Please visit http://www.collaborativecommunications.com to find more information about Collaborative’s award-winning products and services as well as our corporate capabilities, values, philosophy, practice areas and array of clients.
Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file and send via e-mail (with subject line “Digital Strategist”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Collaborative is passionate about helping to improve public education within the United States and across the world through ongoing learning, collaboration, communications and engagement.
We are a consulting firm that works to:
• Connect networks of people in learning communities within and across organizations to significantly enhance their knowledge and capacity;
• Create, share and use knowledge about education issues to generate new ideas and improve
• Engage diverse stakeholders to go beyond traditional approaches, create solutions aligned to the values of the people affected by them and build sustained attention to complex problems.
For more than 18 years, Collaborative has partnered with leading education organizations, foundations, government agencies, school districts, and community-based organizations that share our values and commitment. We empower our clients by working to build capacity—not dependency—and by providing an array of strategies, systems and tools that are continuously evolving. We provide access to and connections within a growing network of organizations, researchers, consultants, practitioners, and community members whose collective content knowledge, expertise and experience supports the learning and growth of everyone in the network. We build tools, processes and products that are intended to accelerate learning and productivity, helping to produce breakthrough results. The statements in this description represent the typical elements of, and criteria for, the general work that the applicant should expect to perform in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.