Development Officer, Donor Engagement
Bet Tzedek Legal Services
Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: 11/23/21
Salary: $59,163.70+ DOE/DOQ
For 47 years Bet Tzedek has set the standard for innovation and excellence in social and economic justice. In that tradition Bet Tzedek seeks a Development Officer, Donor Engagement to join our team. The Development Officer, Donor Engagement at Bet Tzedek is responsible for building donor relationships, sustaining and increasing current donor gifts, and securing new unrestricted annual gifts. The Development Officer supports the organization’s annual fund/direct response campaigns as well as special events designed to cultivate and engage new andexisting donors. This position reports directly to the Vice President, External Affairs.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must be able to work collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team within a dynamic organization, and must have a keen interest and professional background in fundraising.This position has a significant focus on donor relations and event logistics as well as data analytics using Bet Tzedek’s CRM (Raiser’s Edge NXT), all of which require proven organizational skills and the ability to manage complex projects simultaneously. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a fundraising professional to work within a collaborative and supportive team environment toward collective goals, while fulfilling a critical role in the organization’s individual & major gifts and volunteer leadership development strategies.
This role offers a flexible work schedule and the ability to work hybrid or remote (must be located in the Southern California region and able to commute, if needed), great benefits, a 37.5-hour work week and a congenial and collaborative team culture.
- Manage a portfolio of 100+ donors including solicitations, cultivation, upgrades, andstewardship activities.
- Help in the creation and implementation of strategiesfor the identification, researching andsolicitation of major gift prospects, as well as the re-engagement of lapsed donors.
- Identify new constituent groups/revenue streamsfor individual donors.
- Maintain current data on donors and prospects in Raiser’s EdgeNXT.
- Plan and execute virtual and in-person special events and programs, including community conversations and donorsalons.
- Collaborate withDevelopmentteam members on significantfundraising events,most notably the Annual Dinner Gala.
- Help coordinate the production of large development mailings, particularly the organization’s annual fund digital and mail campaigns.
- Ensure that a holistic approach to donor engagement is applied to data standards throughout the organizations and help to maintain data integrity.
- Help staff the activities of Bet Tzedek’s New Leadership Counsel – a volunteer affinity group of young and mid-career professionals aligned with Bet Tzedek’s mission.
- Help oversee the Development team’s development interns and volunteers.
- Support major giving work of VP, External Affairs and CEO.
- College degree or equivalent relevant work experience (required).
- At least 3 years of development experience (required).
- You are fearless about asking for support of Bet Tzedek. You are excited to share your passion for Bet Tzedek with long-time supporters and brand-new prospects, and are energized by strategizing the many creative ways in which a donor’s involvement adds value to their life (required).
- You communicate – in writing and speaking – clearly and persuasively. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and you’re comfortable and eloquent communicating face-to-face, on the phone, or in writing (required).
- You are comfortable working with diverse groups of people, and are committed to applying principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of your job (required).
- You have a honed set of social skills, high self-awareness, and empathy, all of which makes you a good listener, patient, level-headed and cool under pressure (required). A great sense of humor is also a plus!
- You are a constant learner and easily adapt to changing situations (required).
- You are motivated and driven, proactive in your approach to new challenges, and willing to lend a hand to your colleagues. You take ownership of your own work and are proud of its excellence (required).
- Demonstrated commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission to provide free legal services to those who need them most (required).
- Software savvy and have experience working with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Emma, Canva and/or WordPress (strongly preferred).
- You have access to transportation to visit with donors and prospects and are availablefor occasional work events on weekends and evenings once in-person events resume (required).
How to Apply:
Email letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to bettzedek.B3.52B@applynow.io, subject line “DEVELOPMENT OFFICER.” Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
To best serve our communities Bet Tzedek Legal Services seeks a diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresentedcommunities and historically oppressed groups to apply.