The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT)
Date Posted: 11/12/2019
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) seeks a Development Associate to serve a vital role in supporting IMT in securing resources that enable us to deliver bold energy and climate solutions in partnership with business and government leaders. Reporting to the associate director of development, the Development Associate will support fundraising planning and implementation, working with current and future IMT donors and collaborating with IMT’s development and program teams on donor cultivation and stewardship, proposal writing and reporting, and management of development processes.
- Provide strategic input into multi-year approaches to expand major donor engagement and support for IMT energy, climate and social equity objectives
- Assist in philanthropic, private, and government donor cultivation by identifying prospective funders aligned with IMT’s mission, sourcing grant opportunities, and reporting recommendations to IMT leadership
- Support end-to-end grants management by:
- Drafting letters of intent, grant proposals and impact reports
- Assisting program staff in developing project narratives, tracking metrics and meeting grant goals, and promoting accomplishments to funder audiences
- Assisting finance staff on developing grant budgets and financial reporting
- Assisting executive staff on fundraising events, outreach and communications
- Support implementation of IMT donor stewardship and internal and external development communications strategies
- Maintain funding related records and manage the delivery of deadlines and reports
- Provide support for executive director:
- Managing and maintaining schedule for funder meetings
- Coordinating travel arrangements and itineraries for funder meetings and events
- Contribute to other priority projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree with 1-to-3 years of post-college work and/or experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with proposal writing experience preferred
- Experience or strong interest in climate, clean energy and/or real estate sustainability
- Experience with fundraising or philanthropy, particularly in a nonprofit or corporate setting preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Passion to contribute to U.S. climate protection
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
How to apply
This is a full-time position based in IMT’s Washington, DC office. The salary range for this position is $45,000 -$55,000, commensurate with experience. IMT also offers a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples (report, proposal or similar document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Associate” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
The Institute for Market Transformation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to catalyze widespread and sustained demand for high-performing buildings. Achieving this vision requires a market transformation through strategic interventions that remove barriers and to provide an easier path to an energy-efficient built environment. We work in partnership with businesses, policymakers, and environmental groups that are leading the future of energy efficiency. With over 20 years of experience, our small organization contributes to large-scale outcomes by driving important new practices and policies that benefit cities, businesses, the economy and the environment.
We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big goals, and we have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity—including racial, ethnic, and gender—and is committed to promoting and fostering a diverse organization. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.