Deputy Senior Advisor of Campaign Operations
Color Of Change
Washington (D.C.), New York (NY), Oakland (CA), or Los Angeles (CA) preferred but remote welcome
Date Posted: 9/10/21
Color Of Change is one of the largest Black-led racial justice organizations in the country with more than 10 million email and SMS subscribers. We specialize in providing our members with easy, strategic actions to take in response to racial injustices—that when added with the voices of others—create the leverage for winning real-world change for Black people.
From ousting district attorneys unwilling to hold police officers accountable to pushing back against Silicon Valley enablers of white supremacists, Color Of Change has a track record of holding decisionmakers — corporate and political — accountable to Black people.
There has never been a more exciting time to be in a leadership role at Color Of Change, where we are on the front lines of some of the most critical fights of our time—from voting rights to police accountability.
Working closely with the Senior Advisor, this role helps drive the day-to-day operations, special projects, events, and workflow of the Vice President’s Office. In short, this team member will play a vital role as a liaison between the VP’s office and our campaign teams, cultivating relationships with campaigners, and building the systems our teams need to create, launch, and win campaigns.
This is a role for a goal-oriented person who takes pride in ensuring the Office of the Vice President succeeds so that the organization is better positioned to win real-world victories for Black people.
- Increase the efficacy of the campaigns team by developing and implementing onboarding and change management strategies to improve the design and operations of the campaigns department
- Own the outcomes of special projects within the Vice President’s Office by defining roadmaps, key performance indicators, and implementing on short and long-term priorities
- Effectively foster the growth and leadership development of the Senior Project Manager
- Maximize time management, internal communications, and management responsibilities for the Vice President
- Seamlessly prepare for board meetings, team retreats, and internal meetings that build trust, drive decision-making, and effectively leverage expertise of the participants
- Enable the organization to seize fast-developing opportunities for impact by clearly translating meeting notes into outlines for project management, meeting agendas for continued ideation, and other documents necessary to advance project work within internal and external partners
- Ensure the smooth tactical implementation of the Vice President’s vision across key initiatives by tracking and supporting the Vice President in meeting internal and external expectations and deadlines
- Set teams up for success by ensuring suitable staffing, contingency plans, and systems (e.g., logistics, in-person support, CRM) for events and meetings
- Foster effective prioritization by working in collaboration with Senior Project Manager and Executive Assistant to ensure workflow and deadlines for projects, travel, and scheduling are aligned
- Act as a trusted confidant and strategic thought partner to the Senior Advisor and Vice President on issues relating to strategy and operations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with demonstrated experience prioritizing competing projects and multi-tasking across a broad spectrum of collaborators, based in various office locations or working remotely
- A background effectively problem-solving on advocacy or electoral campaigns
- Ability to quickly map out project plans, including timelines, key performance indicators, and ownership of responsibilities
- A proactive approach for identifying opportunities for improvement, as well as removing barriers to implementation
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate a vision confidently in a way that motivates others
- Familiarity with campaign technology that can be leveraged to make the work more efficient
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and managing staff
- Deep commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information while exercising appropriate discretion across a range of important internal and external relationships
- Dedication to the mission of Color Of Change: to help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us, moving decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people
Location: Washington, DC / New York, NY / Oakland, CA / Los Angeles, CA preferred, but remote candidates are welcome
Reports to: Enchanta Jackson, Senior Advisor to the Vice President
Manages: Senior Project Manager
Salary: $125,000. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance – Health benefits plus dental, vision, and affordable family coverage.
- Flex Spending Account – Tax free accounts to offset transportation and medical costs.
- 401K Plan – To save for retirement.
- Life Insurance & Disability – To protect you and your family.
- Generous Vacation Package – 17 days of vacation (almost 3 and a half weeks!) plus 9 sick days and 10 holidays each year.
- Paid Parental Leave – New parents get this time to spend with their family! 12 weeks if you’ve been here a year or more!
- Sabbatical – After 5 years employment, take some time to recharge and pursue personal projects.
- Reimbursement for Home Office Expenses – Staff members can submit up to $500 for reimbursement to further support your their work from home environment
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Benefits – We have two reimbursement options!
Application deadline: October 13, 2021
How to Apply
Click the “Apply to this job” link below and submit a resume.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.