Content and Communications Manager
Date Posted: 11/04/2022
REPORTS TO: CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time; Exempt
LOCATION: Remote eligible; Preference for Flagstaff, AZ or Washington, DC
BASE SALARY: $80,000 to $125,000, depending on experience
Crosswalk Labs is a start-up company whose mission is to make every city-level decision a climate decision. We’ve seen firsthand how well-informed choices grounded in data can shape communities and affect the environment. With that in mind, we developed a system that saves time by providing a detailed, peer-reviewed approach to emissions data validated by atmospheric science – verifiable metrics that cities across the country can rely on. Our small and growing team comprises former elected officials and data scientists committed to supporting citizens and leaders in making thoughtful decisions to reduce emissions.
We have offices in Flagstaff, Arizona and Washington, DC, though many of us choose to work a hybrid or remote schedule. We recognize that each of us have different needs and desires in life and in work, and our goal is to provide an environment where all Crosswalk employees can thrive. To that end, we provide the tools and flexibility required to balance the responsibilities of work and home, and we recognize that looks different for everyone.
Where You Come In
Crosswalk Labs is looking for a strong communicator with excellent attention to detail to be our new Content and Communications Manager.
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a proven track record of creating, editing, and sharing compelling content with target audiences, and will enjoy working in a fast-growing, start-up environment. You’ll also be a self-starter and able to plan your own time. This position is open to remote work or in person at our offices located in Flagstaff, AZ or Washington, DC.
- Support Crosswalk’s efforts to build and maintain relationships with partners and to serve as the trusted emissions data source for clients, citizens, media and other potential users
- Produce focused content that effectively reaches our target audiences. Initial audience will include business leaders, federal and local policymakers, local government budget managers, as well as more technical roles within local government
- Create and post social media content, and implement other communications campaigns across multiple platforms
- Track results of outreach campaigns, using Google Analytics and other tools, in a timely basis, and apply relevant insights to subsequent campaigns
- Write and edit original content for use on Crosswalk’s website, emails, newsletters, etc.
- Develop, update, and manage a content calendar, with input from the Crosswalk team
- Ensure all content is consistent with our messaging, brand, SEO strategies and engages our target audiences
- Compose narratives for marketing materials such as proposals and collateral using creative and persuasive writing skills
- Assist in research of target markets and clients as needed
- Develop compelling collateral for assisting in the sales process
- Distill complex topics into easy to understand language
- Other duties as needed that drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of Crosswalk Labs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or certifications in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations
- At least 3 years of experience in content creation/writing and/or marketing role
- Specific copywriting experience with expertise in short-form content – ad copy, emails ,and landing pages in particular
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to manage various stakeholders and deliver high quality work on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work and problem solve independently
- Background or interest in climate tech industry, environmental science, urban science, or engineering
- Experience maintaining website content
- Familiarity with working in a startup environment
This position is located in an office setting. It requires prolonged periods of remaining stationary. Candidates need to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and need to be able to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs. They will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment.
- Travel to Crosswalk Labs offices approximately 2 to 3 weeks per year (if remote)
- Other travel to engage with clients or attend conferences on behalf of Crosswalk Labs, as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Eligible for annual bonus
- Stock option plan
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- 11 company paid holidays
- Remote/hybrid/flexible workplace culture
For more information, visit www.crosswalk.io.
Application Instructions: Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crosswalk Labs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.