Date Posted: 11/21/2022
About the Role
We are looking for a Communications Specialist who has strong writing experience, savviness engaging with digital audiences, and a passion for the mission and vision of Evidence Action, to join our External Relations team. Reporting to the Associate Director, Communications, they will work closely together with other members of the External Relations team and with other teams across the organization to amplify our unique approach and global impact. This position will be located in Washington, DC.
- Write content for use across a variety of platforms including social media, blogs, newsletters, and press releases.
- Help design campaigns and data-driven social media strategies in coordination with external consultants.
- Manage our social media accounts and website Content Management System (CMS).
- Review and regularly update our work planning tools including editorial calendar and task management system.
- Help design and execute marketing and fundraising campaigns in collaboration with our fundraising team.
- Triage and respond to external inquiries and internal requests for collateral and communications support
- Support design and implementation of brand management, social media, media, and crisis communications policies.
- Coordinate knowledge and information management for the global communications function.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or marketing; or in public health, international relations, or economics with experience and interest in communications or journalism.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with experience working for a media organization and/or evidence-driven organizations are strongly preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience conducting interviews with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Experience managing social media accounts in a professional setting.
- Experience contributing to the creation of marketing and/or fundraising materials.
- High digital literacy and ability to learn new technologies/software.
- An ability to multi-task and track multiple projects, often with minimal supervision.
- Interest in digital and/or graphic communications strategies.
- Curiosity, attentiveness to detail, and strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility/adaptability and commitment to learning.
- Experience using a Content Management System such as WordPress.
- Experience using Pardot or other analytics tools.
- Strong design skills, with experience using Adobe Creative Cloud and other design platforms is a plus.
- Experience with video editing/making software such as Adobe Premiere and AfterEffects.
- Existing media relationships are a plus.