Communications Specialist, Conferences and Events
The Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation)
Date Poste: 08/05/2022
The Foundation for California Community Colleges (Foundation) is on a mission to double its impact by 2028. We are a group of passionate, equity-minded individuals who work collaboratively with public and private partners to help impact and change lives for the better through education. We are seeking a Communications Specialist to join the Foundation in its mission of benefitting, supporting, and enhancing the California Community Colleges—the largest and most diverse system of higher education in the nation.
What You’ll Do
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience in event communications to help support the successful execution of trainings, conferences, and events for the Foundation for California Community Colleges and the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office. This team member will sit on the Foundation Communications team, though provide direct support to the Conferences and Events division through the drafting and reviewing of event outreach materials, including pre- and post-event communications.
- Develop impactful communications strategies and messaging to promote Foundation and Chancellor’s Office events and engage target audiences to attend.
- Act as client contact and build strong relationships with Foundation and Chancellor’s Office representatives to ensure understanding of key communication needs for events. Work with the wider communications team (graphic designers, content writers, project managers) to ensure priorities are recognized.
- Manage event communications projects and coordinate project deliverables from start to finish including awareness and outreach campaigns (such as email marketing), day-of needs (such as PPTs), and post-event recaps.
- Partner with Foundation and Chancellor’s Office content team to raise awareness of event happenings on social media and through available communications channels, such as newsletters.
- Develop agendas and coordinate meetings with event partners to present communications strategies and report on timelines, deliverables, and progress.
- Track and report data to measure the performance of implemented outreach strategies.
- Help to ensure the currency, usability, brand continuity, and stylistic standards of materials for the Foundation and its programs, and the Chancellor’s Office.
Attributes for Success
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in event communications and activities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels of staff, management, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skill in client relations and relationship-building, analyzing and addressing client needs, and ability to develop thoughtful, strategic communications.
- Past account management experience is a plus, as this position requires an individual to practice ownership, take accountability, and project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Potential to travel to events to capture photographs for event marketing items and social media.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and in online meeting collaboration tools, like Zoom, Google Docs, and Asana. Experience with Cvent and Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and able to manage own work, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
What We Offer
We are proud of the role we play in advancing the missions of the California Community Colleges. At the Foundation, the work of each team member holds great weight and responsibility and provides opportunity for individuals to help Californians across all communities improve their social and economic mobility and build a better future for themselves and their families. We aim to foster a collaborative environment where staff can ideate new approaches, replicate promising practices, and bring to scale proven and sustainable methods that are responsive to the needs of our students, our system, and our state.
Our benefits include the CalPERS defined benefit retirement plan, generous medical, dental, and vision, tuition reimbursement, and more. We take a strategic and comprehensive approach to investing in our people, fostering an environment for employee growth, and providing opportunities for continued learning, professional development, and advancement.
To learn more about the position and apply, go to https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers.