Bet Tzedek Legal Services
Los Angeles, California
Date Posted: 11/23/21
Salary: $62,036.94+ DOQ
For 47 years Bet Tzedek has set the standard for innovation and excellence in social and economic justice. In that tradition Bet Tzedek seeks a Communications Coordinator to join the organization. The Communication Coordinator is a newly created and key position on the Bet Tzedek’s External Affairs team and will play a primary role in the organization’s strategic communications activities and brand management. The Communications Coordinator will also serve as a fundamental partner in helping with Bet Tzedek’s advocacy efforts as well as Bet Tzedek’s volunteer and community engagement strategies.
This role offers a flexible work schedule and the ability to work hybrid or remote (must be located in the Southern California region and able to commute, if needed), great benefits, a 37.5-hour work week and a congenial and collaborative team culture.
General Strategy and Program Communications:
- Help craft and implement Bet Tzedek’s strategic communications plan to elevate the organization’s local and national profile among policymakers, influencers, funders, and the public.
- Aid in the management of the Bet Tzedek brand and maintain discipline for the brand voice, brand style guide, and look and feel of the organization’s collateral materials.
- Collaborate with Bet Tzedek’s events team through special event communications, craft a messaging & content strategy for select event materials, work with events team to develop the narrative arc to special event collateral and videos, and coordinate event PR.
- Support Bet Tzedek’s program teams by assisting with effective communications strategies to promote the organization’s programs and volunteer opportunities, including media relations, public relations, social media strategies, and collateral and video development.
- Coordinate with Bet Tzedek’s communications vendors – consultants, graphic designers, videographers, social media interns, etc. – to move Bet Tzedek’s communications efforts forward.
Media and Public Relations:
- Maintain Bet Tzedek’s media relations activities, including: message development; cultivating relationships with reporters, editors, media and PR contacts; and the swift and accurate fielding of press inquiries.
- Help ensure Bet Tzedek’s leadership and program experts are sought-after sources for reporters, mentioned in media coverage, and booked on relevant TV and radio shows; help craft press releases, letters to the editor, op-eds and other materials.
Digital Media (Website, Social, and Email Management):
- Oversee and manage Bet Tzedek’s digital communications and online presence by acting as editorial director of Bet Tzedek’s website and social media channels. This includes developing inventive, creative, and impactful editorial calendars.
- Write and send Bet Tzedek’s email communications using Emma Email Marketing or other platforms.
- Help write, edit, and post written, video, and photo content on Bet Tzedek’s website and affiliated sites and social media channels.
Data and Analytics:
- Compile, analyze, and interpret data collected from multiple streams to improve marketing performance and capabilities; evaluate results of marketing programs and campaigns; and provide content that will increase audience share and engagement.
- College degree or equivalent relevant work experience (required).
- At least 3 years of experience and success in media relations, public relations, and communications strategy, preferably in a civil rights/public interest environment so that you can hit the ground running (required).
- Excellent writing and verbal skills a must, including writing in various styles and for various mediums (required).
- Experience implementing successful digital outreach and marketing strategies, ideally for a nonprofit organization (required).
- Experience working in collaboration with public relations, digital, design and/or photography contractors and agencies (required).
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of media outlets and current trends. (required).
- Experience working with writers, journalists, radio and tv outlets (required).
- An intuitive sense of storytelling that resonates with evolving and multifaceted audiences.
- Fluency in analytics for social media platforms and media monitoring tools such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics (required).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment (required).
- Experience using WordPress and digital email marketing platforms (required).
- Demonstrated commitment to Bet Tzedek’s mission to provide free legal services to those who need them most (required).
- Commitment to applying principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion in performance of job duties (required).
- Multimedia skills – such as graphic design and video production (strongly preferred).
How To Apply:
Email letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to bettzedek.B3.email@example.com; subject line “COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR.” Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no phone calls.
To best serve our communities Bet Tzedek Legal Services seeks a diverse staff with cultural competency reflecting our client populations. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups to apply.