Communications and Marketing Manager
The University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Date Posted: 10/25/2022
Project ECHO has an amazing opportunity for a Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team! This position will be critical to sustaining and growing support for Project ECHO.
A successful candidate will have experience and a track record of success operating at a high-level in a fast-paced environment. Experience in managing a variety of projects simultaneously while continuing to deliver on key priorities is desired.
As the Communications and Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing, editing, reviewing press releases, blog articles, and other material for public consumption.
- Writing, editing, and approving online information for the website and for social media, as needed and assigned.
- Serving as media point of contact and liaison.
- Writing, editing, and distributing appropriate materials for media or the public such as advisories, press kits, and collateral.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with appropriate media contacts.
- Preparing, training, and coaching key spokespeople for media engagements and public speaking.
- Writing, editing, and coordinating various written materials for newsletters, listservs, and publications.
- Overseeing the development of specific newsletters and other communications for assigned areas of work.
- Developing multimedia content that elevates the ECHO brand. Working with and supervising contractors, staff, and appropriate principals to develop video and audio promotional content.
- Supervising a variety of communications and marketing projects that support the message, brand identity and key objectives of Project ECHO.
- Developing presentations for key stakeholders, including the Director and other leadership; presenting to various internal and external groups.
- Planning and supporting events as needed.
This role requires strong interpersonal skills and extraordinary competency in verbal and written communication. This position requires flexibility and excellent prioritization skills; one who performs well with minimal supervision with the ability to thrive and problem solve in a fast-paced working environment with competing deadlines. A successful candidate will be a relationship and community builder who is passionate about the organization’s mission and values.
Project ECHO empowers local community providers to improve the well-being of people around the world.
Project ECHO is committed to democratizing medical knowledge and getting best practice care to underserved people all over the world. At ECHO, we have been dedicated to making knowledge accessible and have expanded our portfolio of programs to include COVID-19 response, education, first responder resiliency, behavioral health and addiction. Project ECHO is funded in part by grants from the GE Foundation, the Helmsley Charitable Trust, the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation, the Merck Foundation, Robert Wood and the US Government. Additionally, we’ve received support from the NM Legislature and the New Mexico Department of Health.
Project ECHO prides itself on being a values-based organization. Our seven values include: Service to the Underserved, Democratization of Knowledge, Mutual Trust and Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Accountability, Innovation and Learning and Joy of Work. We strive to find individuals who can embrace and exemplify these values.
Project ECHO’s goal is to touch the lives of 1 billion people by 2025 and we are looking for mission-driven high performers who share similar values to join our team and help us achieve this goal.
We work with partners all over the world and work hours outside of normal business hours may be required. We are fortunate to have access to advanced technology, which will require some teleworking.See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- If this position is assigned to the Athletics Department, either administratively or functionally, compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations is required.
High school diploma or GED; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience in media relations
- Relationships and experience with New Mexico media preferred
- Experience training others for media interactions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Good networking skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Associated Press style guide
- Dedication to service
$3,731.87 – $5,239.87
Monthly Benefits Eligible
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date11/1/2022
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please submit a current resume and a cover letter. On the resume, please indicate whether previous job listed were full-time or part-time positions. If part-time, please include amounts of hours worked each week. Please also include month and year for start and end dates for each job listed. Instructions for cover letter: please describe how you meet the preferred qualifications in the posting. Official transcripts, High School Diploma or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.