Clean Energy Communications Strategist
Conservation Law Foundation
Montpelier (VT), Concord (NH), Portland (ME), Providence (RI), or Boston (MA)
Date Posted: 4/7/21
Conservation Law Foundation is hiring a Clean Energy Communications Strategist. Reporting to the Chief Content Officer, this position will develop and execute multi-channel communications strategies to advance CLF’s advocacy and fundraising goals for its Clean Energy and Climate Change program. It is an opportunity to join a highly experienced team of communications/marketing professionals and dedicated advocates working on critical environmental issues facing New England.
This position can be based in any one of CLF’s five regional offices (Montpelier, VT; Concord, NH; Portland, ME; Providence, RI; or Boston, MA)
What you’ll do
Key responsibilities of the Clean Energy Communications Strategist include, but are not limited to:
- creating and implementing multi-channel communications campaigns to mobilize CLF’s online community and support advocacy goals;
- conceptualizing, writing, and editing blogs, feature stories, action alerts, and other content to produce clear, compelling narratives highlighting CLF’s legal, policy, and economic work;
- designing infographics, fact sheets, and graphic assets for print, web, email, and social media campaigns that will help increase engagement and grow our membership;
- producing, filming, and editing short videos about CLF’s work;
- monitoring breaking news stories and identifying opportunities for CLF to respond;
- acting as communications liaison with external coalition partners;
- working with CLF’s Press Secretary to implement news media strategies to build visibility and support for CLF’s clean energy and climate change advocacy objectives;
- writing letters to the editor, op-eds, and other opinion pieces and talking points;
- coordinating priorities and content with other CLF programs where applicable.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, or a closely related field;
- software proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop; Premier Pro a plus) and Microsoft Office;
- familiarity with a website content management system;
- demonstrated experience using a variety of social media channels as part of an overall engagement program;
- an ability to understand and explain complex topics and their solutions;
- capacity to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects;
- willingness and ability to travel throughout New England.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation. CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base salary for the position is $56,000 if based in a CLF office outside of MA and $64,400 if based in Boston which includes a cost-of-living adjustment; actual salary will reflect experience, qualification, and where the selected candidate is based.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
Send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g., “SMITH J RESUME”) and a detailed cover letter titled “your last name-first initial-cover” (e.g., “SMITH J COVER”) to email@example.com. Please make “Communications Strategist” the subject of your email. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.