Campaign Communications Assistant
Date Posted: 11/19/21
Supervisor: Senior Director, Campaign Communications
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Position: Yes
Cycle position ending December 31, 2022
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Campaign Communications Assistant to join our Communications team. The EMILY’s List Communications Assistant is responsible for assisting in executing media strategies of the Campaign Communications Team and endorsed candidates.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and oversee media monitoring for clips and breaking news about EMILY’s List, endorsed candidates and their opponents;
- Assist in drafting of press releases, advisories, statements, op-eds, and talking points;
- Assist in the execution of the campaign communications team’s media strategy and efforts to support candidates;
- Assist in administrative needs of department;
- Provide support for media outreach efforts;
- Assist with booking and pitching of candidates;
- Evening and weekend work will be expected on an as-needed basis;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Cultivated interest in politics, news and media;
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to operate cross-departmentally.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary range for this position is $45,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. Applications received by December 3, 2021 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
This position has an anticipated start date of early January 2022. Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.