World Central Kitchen (WCK)
Date Posted: 5/3/21
World Central Kitchen, Inc. (WCK) is looking for an Associate to join the Communications team. The position will support WCK’s bilingual communication and storytelling efforts across our media, print, and digital platforms. The Associate will report directly to the Director of Communications Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support WCK’s general communications needs, with a focus on storytelling around our Resilience Programs which address long-term food security, food access, and workforce skills development in the culinary sector. The responsibilities include but are not limited to managing projects, writing blog posts, developing email campaigns, and drafting social media posts.
- Provide diligent support to WCK’s key stakeholders including partners, donors, and media by having a thorough understanding of WCK’s internal systems and provide information, troubleshoot basic issues, and collaborate with additional team members when necessary.
- Collaborate on multimedia content production and help with research, development, editing, and production of communications materials for key audiences, and support their dissemination through WCK’s channels.
- Collect information from multiple internal and external sources and synthesize for various audiences.
- Perform other duties as reasonably required.
- 2-3 years of experience in communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Spanish.
- Experience in and passion for longform writing in both English and Spanish.
- Comfort with print and digital media, including but not limited to writing short and long news pieces, social media posts, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Sciences, Humanities, or related fields. Additional 2-3 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong project management skills that can be exhibited through work experience and/or accomplishments.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainable food systems and/or international development.
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of iWork, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Experience in photography and photo library management using Ligthroom a plus.
- Skilled copy editor (and Oxford comma aficionado.)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Written and oral fluency in English and Spanish.
World Central Kitchen offers competitive compensation and benefits including fully paid medical, dental and vision plans for employees and dependents. 403B with employers matching up to 4%. Group life and disability insurance that is 100% employer sponsored. WCK also has an Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy.
World Central Kitchen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color and/or those with disabilities, diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and/or identities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment at this time.