Marketing Communications Associate, Lever for Change
Chicago, IL (remote)
Date Posted: 09/24/2020
Lever for Change is a John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation affiliate, whose mission is to unlock significant philanthropic capital and accelerate social change around the world’s most pressing challenges. Lever for Change helps philanthropists source vetted, high-impact opportunities in two ways: by designing and managing customized competitions and by matching them with the top vetted proposals from all of its competitions in the Bold Solutions Network, a searchable online database. Lever for Change uses open and transparent competitions to source compelling solutions to significant social problems, recruits experts to rigorously evaluate proposals, and strengthens top applicants to ensure organizations are investment-ready.
The Marketing Communications Associate will provide a wide range of support, including writing, research, and organizational support, to the Communications Director and the Lever for Change team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, hard-working professional to join our team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and to directly support the organizational strengthening and communications activities of a philanthropic start-up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Communications Associate has responsibility for executing a marketing communications strategy involving media, social networking and project coordination to ensure the high visibility of Lever for Change and the Bold Solutions Network.
- Develop communications-related memos, reports, materials, and presentations;
- Create, copy edit, and publish basic communications materials, such as marketing collateral, blog posts, and newsletters;
- Work with designers and other vendors to support the creation of high-level marketing communications materials, including videos and publications;
- Execute website updates, including graphic and video design;
- Coordinate and maintain Lever for Change social media platforms;
- Maintain current lists of media and partner contacts;
- Maintain performance dashboards;
- Maintain Google Analytics data;
- Serve as communications team point person for CRM system;
- Prepare marketing materials and coordinate social media for convenings;
- Help identify potential speaking engagements for the Lever for Change team;
- Collaborate with Lever for Change teams to prepare marketing materials for potential partnerships, including associations, collaboratives, and networks.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of current events, developments and issues in the fields of communications and philanthropy;
- Write extensively for internal purposes;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree plus two to four years of relevant, professional work experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience in nonprofit communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, and/or media
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing, social media and content production
- Experience with Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop) preferred
- ADA design knowledge a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce and Pardot a plus
- Positive “can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in when needed
- Well-developed organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner
- Able to manage multiple tasks and projects under tight deadlines
- Able to take initiative and work proactively
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills in working with colleagues at all levels; able to use discretion and maintain confidentiality; cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies
- Technological know-how;
- English fluency (spoken and written)
- Prior experience supporting philanthropic and/or nonprofit programming; working with marketing communications teams; and demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice issues. Experience managing projects with competing deadlines a plus
The position is currently remote but, in the future, will require commuting to the Chicago office.