In Conversation: Eric Asche
Truth Initiative is the inaugural winner of The Communications Network’s Clarence B. Jones Impact Award, a new program meant to honor and showcase transformative social sector communications.
The truth campaign, which helped reduce teen smoking rates from 20% in 2000 to less than 6% today, represents an integrated and iterative communications campaign that catalyzed a movement by building coalitions, creatively pushing an “evergreen” message, adapting to dramatic changes in the communications landscape, and ultimately changed our society for the better.
Truth’s Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Eric Asche, joins us for our next In Conversation to talk about:
- How Truth developed a roadmap to achieve a broad goal
- How they reframed the issue of teen smoking to change it from a “fading issue” to an “urgent mission”;
- The keys to “activating” a target audience;
- How to stay relevant with an audience whose communications habits change profoundly and rapidly;
- What’s next for the organization; and more.
This event will be broadcast on Facebook Live.
Eric Asche will also give a keynote address on how truth has successfully built the generation to end smoking, and accept the Jones Award on October 11 in San Francisco at ComNet18, The Communications Network’s annual conference.