This event has concluded.
ComNetworkV21 was a great success! Thank you again for the gift of your time, and the generosity of your attention and care for one another — it was inspiring and moving to behold. We have assembled notes, videos, podcasts, and transcripts for you to use (and share!) so that the knowledge showcased in ComNetworkV21 can continue to have value going forward.
Dr. john a. powell, Director, Othering & Belonging Institute, and Dr. Carmen Rojas, President & CEO, Marguerite Casey Foundation discuss the importance of building bridges and creating spaces of belonging through communications.
Dr. Katharine Hayhoe, Climate Scientist and Chief Scientist, The Nature Conservancy discusses climate change as a threat multiplier and its disproportionate effect on the most vulnerable.
Bruna Sollod, Communications Director, and José Muñoz, Deputy Communications Director, from United We Dream, discuss their ‘Home is Here’ campaign as a case study, which led to immigrant youth’s victory at the Supreme Court on DACA.
Stefanie Lyn Kaufman-Mthimkhulu (she/they), Founding Director, Project LETS, presents on centering the accessibility and inclusion of your organization’s communications.
- Why Moral Leadership Matters presented by Rickke Mananzala of New York Foundation and Dr. Carmen Rojas of Marguerite Casey Foundation
- Building a Digital Movement presented by Alicia Maule of Innocence Project
- Narrative Organizing presented by Rinku Sen and Rachel Weidinger of Narrative Initiative
- Better Communications by Design presented by Shauna Cary and Michelle Moore of IDEO.org
- What Does It Mean To Be Access-Centered? presented by Stefanie Lyn Kaufman-Mthimkhulu of Project LETS
- Conversations to Bridge Divides presented by Lucas Johnson of The On Being Project
- You Made an Equity Statement Last Year…Now What? presented by Samia Mirza and Niiobli Armah IV of We-Collab
- Data-Driven Messages: Using Audience Research to Find Your Winning Words presented by Khalid Smith of BMe Community, Doug Hattaway and Pete Tontillo of Hattaway Communications
Check out our ComNetworkV21 album on Flickr to see photos of you, your colleagues, our speakers, and more.