ComNetworkDC: How to Be a Chief Communications Officer (or Just Think Like One)
What’s it like to hold the top communications role in a social-sector organization, and what are the skills it takes to get there? Nonprofit organizations and foundations are recognizing the importance of communications to achieving their missions — and creating Chief Communications Officer roles to lead increasingly complex and integrated communications strategies. Whether you’re part of a large communications shop or leading a department of one, understanding how to think like a chief communications officer can help you anticipate the needs of your organization and advance in your own career.
Join ComNetDC for a conversation with two chief communications officers from our local network:
- Ann DeFabio Doyle, Chief Communications Officer, the Pew Charitable Trusts
- Frank Tramble, Chief Communications Officer, Howard University
We’ll talk about:
- Career pathways to the top communications role
- What these CCOs have learned on the job
- Key leadership skills that will help comms pros at any level
We’re looking forward to hearing your questions for these great panelists.