Building Community Where You Live And Work
Connecting, gathering, and informing leaders working in communications for good in your backyard.
ComNetworkLOCAL groups focus on connecting and gathering leaders working in communications for good in order to build community and relationships where you live and work.
LOCAL groups help to advance the missions of nonprofits and foundations by forging and deepening a sense of community and a local support network. You can expect LOCAL gatherings to focus on community, connection, learning from each other, with the goal of building the next generation of leaders in the social sector.
- Gathering builds relationships
- Connection and relationships build support and community
- Community creates strength and drives change
How is ComNetworkLOCAL Different?
ComNetworkLOCAL is different than other professional gatherings that focus solely on learning a new skill or lecture style events, because LOCAL groups focus on building community and establishing a local support network for foundation and nonprofit communication leaders. The goal is for you to come back to gatherings and continue to get to know your social sector community on a deeper level.
What LOCALs Are and What They’re Not
- LOCAL gatherings aren’t about fancy food or flashy speakers. Hosts build relationships through discussions, in-real-life connections, introducing and connecting people.
- LOCAL gatherings are for people who want connection and community — not sales pitches.
LOCALs are Led by Network Members, They are Open to Anyone
ComNetwork LOCAL gatherings are run by volunteer Community Leaders and their LOCAL Leadership Teams. ComNetwork HQ works closely with every Community Lead to support each LOCAL group.
ComNetworkLOCAL events are always open to anyone, free of charge. The key audience is Network members—and folks in the social sector who are passionate about building community to advance the field and work of communications for good are welcome to attend.
Interested in starting a LOCAL in your city?
If you have read through the above info and meet the following requirements, please reach out to Carrie email@example.com to talk more.
Each ComNetworkLOCAL needs to have the following:
- One dedicated Community Lead who works at a foundation or nonprofit, who volunteers to oversee the LOCAL Leaders Team, and is responsible for making sure 4-6 gatherings happen a year.
- A dedicated LOCAL Leaders Team made up of 3-7 people in the social sector who commit to attending, planning, and hosting 4-6 gatherings a year
- We recommend each gathering have a minimum of 6-10 people so we ask that you feel out your community to see if you’ll be able to pull in enough people consistently for a LOCAL gathering before launching