Join The Communications Network
(If you are already a member and want to renew your membership, click here.)
Over the past several years, The Communications Network has grown to be the premiere national nonprofit association for promoting the strategic use of communications in the social sector.
We help those who do good do better.
With the support of our members and donors, we bring unique programs, new resources and create important networking opportunities across the field of philanthropy and throughout the nonprofit sector. In turn, our members provide leadership to the field through committee service, mentorship and project leadership.
By becoming a member of The Communications Network, you are joining with others who are committed to advancing the practice of quality communications in the social sector.
Your membership provides:
- Access to exclusive online resources including our listserv and webinars, as well as reports and benchmark data on the field of practice
- Access to colleagues and other experts who can help answer questions and provide referrals to consultants and other services
- Discounted fees for all Communications Network events, including workshops and conferences
- Advance notice of Network activities and events and priority enrollment
We offer two types of annual memberships — Individual and Institutional:
- Individual foundation membership (for employees of private, community, family and corporate foundations): Requested $300. Minimum $100.
- Individual membership for consultants who work for foundations and nonprofits: $300
- Individual nonprofit membership (for employees of nonprofits, such as Environmental Defense Fund, Regional Association of Grantmakers and other 501(c)3 organizations): Requested $200. Minimum $100
The Network offers an institutional membership option for foundations and nonprofits. The rates below underwrite the cost of annual memberships for an unlimited number of staff members from a foundation or nonprofit, respectively.
- Institutional foundation membership: $1,000
- Institutional nonprofit membership: $700
How to Join
- Online individual membership form.
- Download individual membership form.
- To discuss group memberships, or for more information about this option, please email email@example.com or call 202-355-4909.
Please note that fees for membership in the Communications Network are not refundable. However, a member may transfer the unused portion of his/her membership to a new organization or to a colleague working in the same organization where he/she is currently employed.