- Reliable data, research and expert analysis have the power to improve and even save lives.
- Philanthropies can provide credible knowledge to inform public policies.
- Stories can help bring data to life and help policymakers connect with an issue.
- Don’t shy away from communicating the high stakes of your issue.
- Keep your audiences in suspense to keep them engaged and willing to take action.
- Use graphic and sound design to signal your organization’s “story brand.”
- Relevance is highly personal and determined by the recipient
- Segmenting your audience allows for better, more relevant communications
- Your organization already has the data to segment, even if you don’t know it