NPR’s Terry Gross talks with Krista Jahnke about her missteps in radio, being recognized, and her youthful career dream.
The Future of The Stanford Social Innovation Review: Catching up with SSIR Managing Editor Eric Nee at #ComNet14
- Foundations that fund journalists to cover an issue may get good traction over the long term—but it’s different than PR.
- Foundations and non-profits are realizing more and more that they need to let go of some control in order to be effective online.
- A growing international audience of people interested in innovation in philanthropy and non-profit social change work means there’s an opportunity for US organizations, which are seen as leaders.
- Authenticity is the mark of a great story.
- Audio is an intimate medium, perfectly suited for emotional stories.
- Good listening is essential for an interviewer—and it allows us to find beauty in the people around us.