The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) is the central public affairs arm of the organized Bay Area Jewish community. It represents Bay Area synagogues and Jewish organizations on issues impacting the rights and protection of Jews as individuals and as a community.
The Jewish Community Relations Council seeks a dynamic, articulate, seasoned, and creative Communications Manager.
- Developing and implementing a strategic communications plan that utilizes traditional and new media channels to reach stakeholders and target populations for education, advocacy, and fundraising purposes
- Sourcing and writing content for fundraising, outreach, advocacy, and issue campaigns, and managing the design and production processes
- Developing and implementing an effective distribution process to reach target audiences
- Media relations with television, radio, print and new media
- Creating and managing a robust online presence for the organization
- Crisis communications messaging
- Evaluating effectiveness of communications and marketing strategies
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University graduate
- Highly articulate, with demonstrated savvy and great skill in writing, and able to distill complex ideas into easily understood messages
- Demonstrated experience in strategic communications, project management, digital marketing, and media relations
The successful candidate will bring energy and communications savvy to this position, as well as proven experience in communications, project management, and marketing operations. He/she has demonstrated skill in developing and implementing communications plans to engage a diverse audience, and has developed proven marketing tactics to support this effort. Must believe strongly in the mission of the organization, be an excellent communicator, and possess strong organization, writing, presentation, verbal, and interpersonal skills. He/she will be able to motivate and influence others, be a self-starter, think creatively and strategically, demonstrate excellent judgment, and work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Background in SEO helpful.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Isabel Duarte Gray
Jewish Community Relations Council
121 Steuart Street, Suite 301
San Francisco, CA 94105