The Council on Foundations is a national nonprofit association of approximately 1,800 grantmaking foundations and corporations. As a leader in philanthropy, we strive to increase the effectiveness, stewardship, and accountability of our sector while providing our members with the services and support they need for success. We are located in Arlington, VA, and serve foundations and philanthropists of all types as a resource for education, innovation, legal expertise and networking opportunities.
We are seeking a webmaster who will provide day-to-day updates and revisions to the Council’s website(s); highlighting Council activities and products digitally; and supporting the growth of the Council website(s), including continually improving the front-end experience for site visitors, Council members, program/event participants, and staff.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Publish daily content edits to Council website.
- Regularly monitor website traffic and user engagement; provide regular insight to support changes.
- Assist with managing, editing, and improving Council website; continuously evolve the front end web experience into a cutting-edge contact point for the philanthropy industry.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in information systems, marketing, or communications.
- 3-5 years of experience in website management and maintenance.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Solid understanding of web content management systems (preferably open-source).
- Proficiency in Photoshop and/or other digital imaging software.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing software a plus.
- Deep understanding of social media and Web 2.0 technologies.
- Excellent writing skills, including experience writing for the Web.
- Strong organizational skills; great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
- Capacity to work cooperatively with staff across all functions and levels.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary history to: Council on Foundations, email to: email@example.com. Please reference: Web Master